• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chris' 13 Gallons/60 Liters Planted Tank

chr15_8

Hi all, first post on here but have looked at the site since it was on Tom Barr's website (didn't sign up on here as i had nothing to say/show).Its been about a year since my last proper planted tank which got scraped.

Tank size
L = 26inch W = 12inch H = 13 inch
About 14 Uk Gallons / 60 Litres

Lighting
36w t5 pc light giving just under 3 wpg.

Filter
Eheim Ecco 2232

C02
Pressurized jbl @30ppm
DIY reactor in line with the filter return via a spray-bar (underwater)

Substrate
Pond Plant soil
JBL Pro Flora
topped with 20mm deep small black river gravel.

Ferts
EI

Decor
2 Pieces of Bog wood

Plants
6 pots Hygropila Polysperma
3 pots HC
3 pots Bacopa Amplexicaulis
1 Cryptocoryne Undaltus Green
2 pots Rotala Rotundifolla
3 pots of another plant (not sure on the name, will post a close up picture tomorrow for an id.)

Pictures a few minute after filling it up 5 days ago

tank
P1020180.jpg

wood positioned
P1020192.jpg

Equipment (c02, filter, reactor)
P1020199.jpg

Wood with the black river stones
P1020201.jpg

Plants after the had been taken out of there pots
P1020202.jpg

Planted tank (front view)
P1020204.jpg

Side View
P1020206.jpg

Angle View
P1020209.jpg

HC Pearling
P1020216.jpg

Front/Angle View
P1020218.jpg

thanks for looking
chris

im not sure that is the hc pearling, just more of an air bubble trapped underneath the leaves. if you had more flow it would disappear.

why did you decide not to seperate the plants up? instead of bunches you could have had 5 or so stems.

Nick16 said:
im not sure that is the hc pearling, just more of an air bubble trapped underneath the leaves. if you had more flow it would disappear.

why did you decide not to seperate the plants up? instead of bunches you could have had 5 or so stems.

opps lol thought it was pearling, its peraling now anyway.

i prefer the look of a block of plants rather than the same plant scatted abot. expesiacly in a tank of this size. im also hoping to have a block of plants in the background with the foregroung being left with plenty of swimming space.

Back