• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chris' Grow out tank

chrisfraser05

Thought I'd start a little journal more to practice and get some feedback for when I get my new tank later in the year.

The Fauna are all a carry over from before I got my interest in the plants and to be honest are not exactly what I'd choose if I started everything from scratch but I do like them as individual fish so I'm not letting them go lol

Also there is alot of different types of plant for the size of the tank but the intention is to establish them and let them grow while I am in Afghanistan then move them to something around the size of a Jewel Rio 300 towards xmas.

Anyway, enough bumping my gums.... Heres the stats;

Tank 60x30x45 Clear seal (p@h special)
Eheim eco 2032 filter
2x Arcadia Arc 11w lights and 18w daylight lamp (6000k)

Peice of drift wood from LFS
Gravel substrate (I would change it but not got the time before I go away)

Fish
6 white cloud minnows
4 danios
4 Yamato shrimp
4 platies
3 Khuli Loaches
2 Glass catfish
bristlenose plec

Plants
Vallisneria nana
Vallisneria
Egeria
Lilaeopsis mauritiana
Eleocharis parvula
Echinodorus
Pogostemon helferi
Cryptocoryne parva
Cabomba
Hemianthus callitrichoides
java moss

Fert
Microbe-lift Bloom & Grow

CO2
Tetra Optimat (basic and rudimentary but easier than Refilling DIY with yeast while I'm away)

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02055.jpg

DSC02056.jpg

DSC02057.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02059.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

DSC02061.jpg

As you can see I haven't quite got the hang of aquatic photography yet and some of the newest plants are melting a little but hopefully there will be a little jungle in there in a few months lol

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any advice (I'll pass it all on to my wife as she's looking after it for me for the next while lol)

Chris- what a gorgeous, lush-looking tank... wouldn't worry about the photography, seems spot on to me...I really liked the little scoop of wood with the gravel and the (no idea what) in the middle...

welcome to the world of plant infatuation :)

mx

Tank looks healthy but beware from Platies, this fish think only about eating and breeding :D, after will be big problem catch out from Jungle.

Thanks so much for the comments guys.

I was concerned a little about wether or not I may get over run in the future with platy fry but my local shop said he can't get enough of them so would be happy to take as many as I wanted to give him in exchange for credit.

Either he'll sell them or feed his show tank depending on stocking levels at the time!

I just need to distract them sometimes to let the more timid fish eat lmao

Back