• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Circa 1000lph filters.

Garuf

With a new tank on the horizon (60x45x36) I’m looking for real world filter experience.

Key things:
Circa 1000lph
Tank is in my room so must be silent.
Low running cost.

Heater is nice but not necessary, I tend to keep fish that prefer it cool.

Quality over money saving.

Simplicity over feature.

Not really interested in Oase, I’ve spoken to enough disappointed people who bought into the hype and the one I’ve seen in person I could hear humming away even in a cabinet.

I have eheims currently, 2213, 2222/2224 and I like the 2224 for how damn quiet it is, the 2213 I like the simplicity but it’s not anything like as quiet as it’s brothers.
I keep seeing the f-zone Ada-a-likes and thinking yes please but they’re meant to be euro incompatible.

I’ve used tetra and jbl in the past but both lacked the longevity I’d have liked.

What’s out there, what have people used and liked? What are my options?

Certainly not super sexy but I don't think you can go far wrong with fluval. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of love out there for them for some reason, also don't see that many posts complaining about them either 🤔

Personally I think they are quiet, reliable and parts are easy to come by if needed. I've ran the 307 1150lph and the 407 1450lph and have no complaints whatsoever.

Fluval are kinda hard to get, eheims I can get straight from germany but fluvals seem perpetually out of stock.

It’s 10 years since I had anything other than eheim - I figured there’d be new models or newer options to consider. 👀

I don’t know if the big experience stacks up agains professionals etc, anyone know how they stack up next to each other? What ever is quietest is my main curiosity.

My .02 cents: There's a reason I've gone retro to Eheim Classics, mainly ease of maintenance. I can dismantle (with doubletaps) and clean the entire filter in the same time it would take me to fart about with cleaning internal prefilters (as in Oase and Eheim proff) and get it running again, without even having to think the phrase 'priming button'.
Unfortunately, newer Classics doesn't seem to be as quiet as the old ones. The one I have now seems to have a built in resonance chamber. In my limited experience (I have 2) the Eheim Experience are close to as quiet as possible. Then again, I've only tried 3 kinds of Eheim; and one Oase, soon to be repurposed as a flowerpot.

Yeah, my dream filter is a silent, low wattage bucket with a pump and if I’m really going mad a space at the top where the floss is so it’s easy to whip it out and chuck in a new one without taking out the media.

Back