• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Circulation Pump

BINKSY1973

Hi,

Im looking into getting a circulation pump for my planted tank, that can sit in the cabinet out of the tank. This will have a inline co2 reactor on the return side

Now i have found two that i like the look of the first one is the Eheim Universal Pump 1250http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/aqu...nal-pumps-206/eheim-universal-pumps-292.html#

The second one is the Aqua Medic Ocean Runner 1200, which is quite a bit cheaper.http://www.swelluk.com/aquarium/aqu...ps-206/aqua-medic-ocean-runner-pumps-301.html

Anyone got any experience with either pump, regarding noise etc?

Cheers Gordon

Thanks Sam,

Now i was looking at the Eheim hobby pump, but them Eheim compacts look good too, and cheaper for the same flow, and more head height, how did you find the 19/27mm tubing to work with? Now im looking to plumb in the return line into the return of the filter and use a spray bar running almost full length along the back of the tank. Where did you source the hose too Sam?

Cheers Gordon

Humm not sure about the 19/27mm the tubing, I'm using the standard 16/22mm size. The tubing is PVC, which I got from a website at a 'per meter' price (i ordered lots!), but cant remember which one, will have to check at work as think I bookmarked it.

Not sure about running the two into one outlet, but guess its possible!

Sam

It's possible but when I've seen it suggested on the planted tank they tend to say don't do it because it creates a vacuum that puts pressure on the filters weaker pump and can cause it to prematurely fail.

Thats good to know i can use 16/22mm tubing as that what i use now. Irun an Eheim 2026.

Will have to rethink the outlets then, maybe the one from the circulation pump could use a spray bar along the back of the tank, then the filter return could just be positioned in one back corner.

Thanks for the input guys.

Cheers Gordon

Well i must admit i am leaning towards one of the Eheims, SO whats the real difference between the Eheim 1250 and the Eheim 2000 Compact? The 1250 does 1200 lph and the 2000 compact does 1000 to 2000 lph. So which would be the better choice of those two?

Cheers Gordon

Yes i agree the 1250 does look well built compared to the compact 2000, but i would prefer to use 16/22mm hoses on both sides, where as on the 1250 its 12/16 on the outlet side. But i could always use a reducer to up the size of the pipe so i can connect it to a 16mm spray bar so no real problem i guess.

Cheers Gordon.

Well i think with Eheim you can't really go wrong, Sam runs a compact 3000 and seems very happy with it, so think i may well opt for that one.

Cheers Gordon

Cheers Sam, Just what i wanted to hear always good too hear from people with hands on experience with these thingS.

Cheers Gordon

Sam, where did you get your pump from? If you don't mind me asking. Did you get it on line?

Cheers Gordon.

Back