Cleaning diffuser

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by freded, 23 Jan 2009.

1. freded

freded Newly Registered

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Set-of-2-Aquarium ... 240%3A1318

This week I got two of these glass diffusers, and I'm running both with a nutrafin diy cannister on each at opposite ends of my tank. Unfortunately, I have got some of the DIY yeast mixture in one of the diffusers-bubbles are coming out ok but it doesn't look great. Any idea how to clean out the mixture. I tried washing it last night with little success and even resorted to trying to suck out the mixture-this had some limited success but some of the mixture is still in there.

BTW, the diffusers are really nice and were delivered very quickly from Hong Kong.

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

have you tried shaking the mixture out? I do that when it gets water inside, apply quite a string force and a firm grip ;)

3. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Yeh hold it upside down and flick it so the thin tube fills with water then shake it hard so it gets forced out the end. Do this a couple of times and it should empty in no time :)

Sam