• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cleaning fluoresent tubes?

bazz

hi all @ ukaps
does anyone have any recommendations of a good substance for cleaning t5 tubes and reflectors please? i've had a look round here but can't seem to find any info!
cheers and thanx,
bazz!

I just wipe mine clean with a towel everytime i do a water change, could try mr muscle

bazz said:
hi all @ ukaps
does anyone have any recommendations of a good substance for cleaning t5 tubes and reflectors please? i've had a look round here but can't seem to find any info!
cheers and thanx,
bazz!

Damp cloth for cleaning the tubes, as for the reflectors have you thought about stainless steel clean - even though they are not stainless it should be ok as its not an abrasive cream, more of a smooth cream.

paul.

Hi I use white vinegar and paper towel, pour a little vinegar on a couple of squares of kitchen paper and it easily cleans the deposits or build up if any water from the tank has splashed or tarnished the reflectors, I think its the chemical deposits from EI. Then buff the lamps and reflectors to new! Up until now my open T5's and enclosed Arcadia Luminare are looking as good as new. Regards Colin.

Back