• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning glassware

SunnyP

A bristlenose plec will clean up the algae quickly. I have 2 adults and about 12 young and never find any algae on the glass.

Sorry didn't read it properly.

Weak bleach solutionn with warm water is best as others have stated.

To clean my pipes I use an Ehiem set of bushes - various sizes of brushes on a nylon pull cord and Morrison Baby Sterlising solution to clean ceramic difusers

Regards
paul.

When using any pipe cleaning brushes, just be gentle, especially if you're cleaning a bend.

I've broken 2 pieces of glassware being over zealous. It's surprising how thin and delicate it is :oops:

i used the ADA brushes and the Eheim brush set too. to clean inside of these glasses are painful especially if the diameter is small and you have more curve. ADA came out with a new brush for 13 and 17 glasses called Spring Washer. This is a simple but pretty cool tool to clean easily all kinds of glass inlet and outlet.

You can ping TGM to see if they have it on stock or they can preorder it to you i bet.

See my post how this looks in the glass:
http://viktorlantos.com/wordpress/2010/ ... -vizcsere/

sorry the language is hungarian, but the photos are self explanatory ;)

anyway here is my process:
- clean outside with sponge
- clean inside with spring washer
- soak in superge for 30 minutes after the cleaning

eheim set also worked for me but was painful to push it to my nano glasses. and the steel wire of this set skretch the glasses sometimes.

this washer easily work with any pipes. recommend it. :thumbup:

Back