• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning Magnet?

Any recommendations? It’s for a 10L Nano so nothing too large. It would be nice if it could clean the curved parts of the front glass as well but I’ve not seen anything that can do that.

Aqua sobriquet
I used and still do in my Terrariums and house windows. Non scratch scourer (Available supermarkets) one trap with the magnet cleaners one grain of substrate can leave a very nasty mess of your class.

Keith:wave::wave:

Paper towel folded into fourths to clean glass was always part of weekly maint/water changes.
I messed up some glass with the magnetic Cleaners.
If you hit the glass each week ,the more aggressive measures aren't needed as much.

I gave up with magnet cleaners. Just one teeny grain of sand/clay and you have scratched the glass. It just isn't worth it IMO. And they really aren't 'that' effective.

I use the Algarde glass cleaner/planter. I have 2. one with a cut up credit card instead of a razor blade for tough stuff, the other the same but with a piece of Juwel Biopad wrapped around it for more frequent cleaning. Works a treat :) https://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/algarde-glass-aquarium-algae-scraper.html

I've been using Stanley/utility blades to clean aquarium glass* for 10+ years and wont go back to using anything else. Very cheap, clean very well, faster and better than anything else. No expensive holder needed, obviously just be careful because it's a sharp blade.

Magnet cleaners always eventually result tin scratched glass IMO.

*I use sponges/proper "algae pads" to clean acrylic/plastic aquariums though.

Back