• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cleaning mini landscape rock (seiryu stone)

Gary Nelson

I need to clean up my mini landscape rock and have quite a bit! Elbow grease with a nail and scrubbing brush is damm hard and taking forever, is there an easier way?... Maybe soak them in something?

Hey gary, jet wash works a treat mate just keep a reasonable distance and not for too long or it will be half the size when you finish :)

Yes I did think about that... Think that maybe the best bet, as I'd be worrying too much if I was to soak them in something and it end up harming fish when back in the tank.

20 litre bucket of water and a splash of bleach, 24hrs. Rinse thoroughly, declorinate. Easy! :)
Nice one George... That sounds easy enough... I think I'll give that a go - I was going to get the jet wash out, but looking at the black cloud above I think I'll give it a miss.

Yes mate, I've done it a few times now. No brushing required. :)

They are in soak now, so hopefully they will be sorted this time tomorrow - the mrs will be pleased too as she can have her tooth & nail brush back... As she was wondering where they had gone ;)

Back