• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clear Filter hosing

CJM70

I know you can get clear filter housing practically anywhere, but I wondered if people could tell me where they have found what they considered to be the best. I’m sure some hosing is better than others, both in terms of clarity and flexibility. I want to use it to connect a glass lily pipes and I think flexibility would be important in that instance. so any comments would be most welcome.

I can't answer this but the APS hoses are like wrestling with a python I imagine. I questioned APS on this ages ago and they recommended plunge the hoses in a bath of warm water before use. I would imagine the more expensive filters supply better hosing?

I can't answer this but the APS hoses are like wrestling with a python I imagine. I questioned APS on this ages ago and they recommended plunge the hoses in a bath of warm water before use. I would imagine the more expensive filters supply better hosing?
Yes they do. I have an Oase biomaster. But the tubing is still brown and it looks crap with glassware.

Hi all,
clear filter housing........... but I wondered if people could tell me where they have found what they considered to be the best.
It always looks dirty. With glass lily pipes etc. you can take them off easily and give them a clean, with the filter hoses it is a lot more faff.

I think the green Eheim tubing works, you can see when it is getting a build up of biofilm, but this happens more slowly than it would with clear hose. Black would have the issue of not being able to see what is happening in the hose. Smoky grey might work, like the rigid plastic Eheim installation sets.

cheers Darrel

I actually prefer the brown JBL and Oase hosing, as it’s no longer an aesthetic issue when it starts to go brown inside like the clear stuff is.
Depends if you keep the pipes clean 😂. That is my intention, hence wanting decent clear ones.

Hi all,

It always looks dirty. With glass lily pipes etc. you can take them off easily and give them a clean, with the filter hoses it is a faff.

cheers Darrel
Hey DW, so even after a week the clear would be dirty would you say? I was going to use EHEIM quick connectors so I don't have to take the filter tap connector off. It's really only the visible part I care about

I’ve seen a few tanks now with custom inlet and outlets, in plastic and stainless steel. All looking really slick.

As an answer to the question, any clear tubing from home brewing shops is very good. I can’t tel the difference between it, and ADA. Would love a black tube…

Super clear. Will need a brush passing through it every 2 weeks to keep it looking good.

Mega mega clear, the best you can get. Will need brushing every week though otherwise will stain.

Thinner wall than normal 16/22 so easily bendable but downside is it’ll kink easier than standard 16/22.

Take your pick…..😃

Back