• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clear fittings for clear pipes...??

maj74

There is clearly a trend for clear glass and pipework at the moment - I will be using aquascaper lilypipes and clear pipe on my new setup.

What I do notice is no-one has caught up on the fittings front. No-one makes clear elbows or junctions.

Because of how I will have to arrange things, I will need a couple of elbows on the filter inlet / outlet pipes, and will have to use coloured ones which slightly defeats the point of all that lovely clear piping.

May actually go for these - smart black, rather than green., for my junctions : https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/c...tegory/1/id/25336/s/double-barbed-elbow-16mm/

Unless I've missed a supplier!

You could try acrylic elbows, problem is these are usually bonded to tube, so they have no barbs. But maybe if you get the right size, might push fit?

Clear(ish) polypropylene/nylon fittings are used in labs, but might be pricey as supplied in a big pack.

ColeParmer

You could try acrylic elbows, problem is these are usually bonded to tube, so they have no barbs. But maybe if you get the right size, might push fit?

Clear(ish) polypropylene/nylon fittings are used in labs, but might be pricey as supplied in a big pack.

ColeParmer

Push fitting a hose into plastic elbow with no barb?! There's a shortcut to flooded living room at some point.

It does surprise me that no company has thought about transparent fittings, but I guess by the time you get to fittings, the vast amount of pipework is inside a cabinet and it doesn't really matter.

Eheim used to do some plastic clips the bent the house into a gentle 90 degree corner without a kink. But I can't find them any more.

Push fitting a hose into plastic elbow with no barb?! There's a shortcut to flooded living room at some point.

You could try pushing inside :p but I meant stretch the hose over the top, use a heat gun, choose an elbow with a suitable OD.

Or buy some acrylic tube and have a go at bending your own to fit the tubes in question, that way you can have a nice long elbow to put the tube Over.

Search Aliexpress... It is made but it seems supply and demand in our regions is too minimal to import it. :) There are some vendors offering clear plastic tube fittings etc. 16mm and up.

www.aliexpress.com/item/32961866466.html?

But from experience, I can tell it won't stay that clear for long... Clear filter tubing gets dirty pretty quickly.

Back