• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clear to Blackwater

NanoJames

Hi everyone,
I've decided to change about my micro tank (which has been posted on here before) as plant growth is slowing down dramatically. I really like the idea of packing it with bogwood and leaves and sand and allowing the water to turn black! I haven't made any changes yet but over this next week or so, that will be a different story! I'll share some pictures of the tank currently. I don't think there's any point in putting this as a journal, it will barely be planted!:lol:

bmyy.jpg

1ikd.jpg

tv9x.jpg

Most of the plants should be for sale too....:)

Cheers

I did that with a little 10 litre tank and without a filter the water surface went all oily and manky so I think you can only put so much leaf litter in. Be interesting to see how you do.

Hi all,
I did that with a little 10 litre tank and without a filter the water surface went all oily and manky so I think you can only put so much leaf litter in.
I think Lindy is right, how about adding just a few Oak leaves and some Alder "cones"? You get a lot of tint without adding much biodegradable material.

cheers Darrel

Back