• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clear Tubing, Inline Heater & Lilly Pipes for the Fluval 306

LukeDaly

Hey guys!

Recently just purchased the Fluval 306 for a new tank build I am going to be doing and I am wondering if anyone has any idea on what type of tubing I can use to replace the horrible black ribbed stuff that came with the filter? Not only is this for looks I need a little more tubing to reach the tank from the location the filter will be sitting.

I am also interested in an inline heater to help keep the equipment seen in the tank to a minimum. The question is what brands should I look out for and what wattage do I need for the 50L Dennerle Scapers Tank?

And last but definitely not least, what sort of Lilly pipes should I look for? I have never owned any and I am unsure of the best size to go for, what brands to look for etc?

All help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you, Luke.

Hi Luke.

This is the size you need mate (16/22mm), you might be able to find it elsewhere but the price seems ok, I think I got mine off Ebay.

I haven't seen any other heaters apart from the Hydor ones but in my experience they're good, I think they just come in 200 or 300 watt models but I doubt it would make much difference which one you got (although i may be wrong, I'd have a check of their specs). You'll need the 16/22 size though obviously.

I've always bought cheap Chinese lily pipes of ebay and they have always been fine. I'm not running my fluval any more so I have might some spare if you'd like to PM me. Again 16/22!

Back