• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Clearseal Tanks

Nabhan Khan

hi, i didn't know were to post this topic so sorry if its in the wrong section,

i was in my lfs this morning, and i seen these clearseal aquariums,
they have been there since i can remember and they sell quite alot, but ive never noticed them.
they are these ones , http://www.clearseal.com/images/standard.jpg,
they look quite good and might make a good nano, does anyone know if the black bar/strip across the top of the tank can be removed without damaging the glass?

i was thinking if i carefully stick a knife/ metal ruler inbetween the gap of the bar and glass i could edge them apart?

what do you guys think?..

Thanks

Yeah, that strip comes off and they are nice tanks, it might be worth getting an optiwhite from AquaEssentials depending on how big you want, they are as cheap as any of the clearseal ones that i've seen and optiwhite is WELL worth it.

ive seen a 18x12x12 clearseal tank for £15 at my lfs
aquaessentials do opti white, ive looked at them but £21 for a 12x8x8 tank is a bit much for me,

although seeing as i have everything to set up a nano, the tank is all i have left to buy,
i have a new fluval u1, a 50watt heater, an 18watt pc, 2.5ltrs of tropica substrate and 3kg of dorset pea gravel, and a nutrafin co2 kit
so a 12inch optiwhite is not out of the question, however i wanted a tank with at least a 30 litre capacity.

has anyone bought an opti white for Ae, if so how much is delivery costs and can they post some pics.

Dan Crawford said:
Yeah, that strip comes off and they are nice tanks, it might be worth getting an optiwhite from AquaEssentials depending on how big you want, they are as cheap as any of the clearseal ones that i've seen and optiwhite is WELL worth it.
:lol:

Opti White High Clarity Tank 60x30x45cm £259.99

Clearseal 24x12x15" £24.99.

:?

I paid £10 for my clearseal tank. If you search up my thread, it's the one in french You can see that they turn into really nice tanks, you just need to be really patient with a scalpel blade. You can dissolve the silicone off but I chose not to.

They're really really good tanks for the cost, they're just silicone heavy.

ye probs gonna get the 18x12x12 one for xmas,

whats the best way to get rid of the silicone, i previously had the pfk cube and removed the silver things in the corner, there was huge amounts of silicone underneath them, i tried peeling them off with a knife really hard and it ruins the glass.

Nabhan Khan said:
ye probs gonna get the 18x12x12 one for xmas,

whats the best way to get rid of the silicone, i previously had the pfk cube and removed the silver things in the corner, there was huge amounts of silicone underneath them, i tried peeling them off with a knife really hard and it ruins the glass.
i took the blade out of a stanley knife and cut the silicone straight off, no damage to the glass

the glas was curved and my knife was pretty poor, il definately do that, ill keep you posted guys..

Thanks for all the help

Back