• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Close co2 without solenoid ?

eminor

Hello, for some time my solenoid valve is dead, waiting for a new one, I would like to save co2, because it currently diffuses 24/7, I thought of how to close it without too much risk.

I eliminated the needle valve idea, it's fragile, I imagine that opening and closing it daily will end up damaging the needle. I use a fire extinguisher, I thought about arming/disarming it but I have to admit that playing with so much pressure on a daily basis scares me a bit. I recently thought of closing the inlet via the regulator itself, what do you think? thx

Last edited:
Hello, for some time my solenoid valve is dead, waiting for a new one, I would like to save co2, because it currently diffuses 24/7, I thought of how to close it without too much risk.

I eliminated the needle valve idea, it's fragile, I imagine that opening and closing it daily will end up damaging the needle. I use a fire extinguisher, I thought about arming/disarming it but I have to admit that playing with so much pressure on a daily basis scares me a bit. I recently thought of closing the inlet via the regulator itself, what do you think? thx
Have you considered a lower bubble rate, ergo lower co2 levels, but on 24/7.

I've been doing it previously in my scapes and works well, the only caveat is slightly lower light intensity to get a good balance

Presumably you are using a dual stage regulator? If so, can you not just close the valve on the second stage?

In all honesty though, new Solenoids are not overly expensive (around £20) from eBay, Amazon or stores like CO2 Supermarket?

I'd use the needle valve and stop playing with the rest. OR do as advised above. Best solution I think.

In all honesty though, new Solenoids are not overly expensive (around £20) from eBay, Amazon or stores like CO2 Supermarket?
He is waiting for a new one already. He wants some solution in the meantime.

Thanks guys, yeah i ordered few month ago, never received it. i purchased another in France, never received it, another in Italy, same result. I'm doomed with solenoid, at this point maybe it will tell me something lol

I'm waiting a new one, i have low faith in it lol

As said earlier, i might reduce lighting but i hate not having my plant fully red

Thanks guys, yeah i ordered few month ago, never received it. i purchased another in France, never received it, another in Italy, same result. I'm doomed with solenoid, at this point maybe it will tell me something lol

Your postman's sitting at home going; "What the hell am I going to do with all these solenoids?!"

Back