• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

clouding substrates

Nick16

hi, does this happen to all substrates? when i touch mine (aquabasis and akadama) it clouds so much its annoying. does this happen with other stuff like eco complete, the red sea stuff or ADA stuff? can i have your guys personal experiances on this matter.

cheers

yeah, its just a pain. i was wondering if its like that with all substrates or just 'clay' based ones. (i know alot are clay based)

Yep, when i resscape my 720 litre with ADA aquasoil, once i've pulled out all the plants, i have to leave the tank for 24 hours to get some visibility back. :lol:

ahh, right, looks like i will have to put up and shut up :lol: . (im a perfectionist you see :D )

im going to set my 120L up as a breeding tank but i cant decide what to breed. im going to try corries but wondering if there is anything else. i was thinking so CRS or something. (if these breed) :lol:

for me it's a case of getting everything positioned right, then fill slowly (the newspaper way) and bingo leave it for a few months.

i'm using aquabsis at the shop and it's crystal from day 2, but it will be if you leave it alone ;)

yeah, but i fiddle which is annoying. :twisted: but anyway guys cheers for the help, i know its not just the jbl and akadama. :D

Nick16 said:
yeah, but i fiddle which is annoying.
:wideyed:

lol, anyway, I have JBL in one tank and akadama only in the other. The JBL does cloud up with a red colour in the water for about an hour after ripping a plant up. The akadama only clouds up with a little mulm, which soon clears too, so tis probably just the aquabasis.

I had that problem with ADA Amazonia II, except that the cloudiness stayed for 5 months non stop LOL

Until I replaced it with Oli's Naturesoil and no more problems, I can fo whatever I want with the substrate and water always clear, and in my main tank its even better only gravel lol no such problems ;)

Back