• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cloudy water on my 54 liter

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi guys,

I am having some problems with my 54l tank, for about a couple of months now I can't get the water clear which is driving me insame as I do not have any of these problems on my other two tanks and never had this before.

I have tried so many things that I am running out of ideas. Its a Juwel Rekord 60 with the internal filter and I have also added an Eheim Aquaball in there to help with the filtration, I have added purigen to the filter and no luck. I have tried daily water changes but soon it goes cloudy again.

The only thing I can think off is the Aquasoil Amazonia II, everytime I messed with it the water became cloudy. I have avoided to touch the substrate for the last 3 weeks and still no luck!

Any ideas? Thanks

If it's coming from the AS Amazonia II then it's probably really fine particulates. Try really fine filter floss. I have a sheet of really fine filter mat from JBL that could be cut to fit on top of your juwel filter foam and should remove it.

Or maybe has disturbing the substrate caused a bacterial bloom which will be too small for a filter to catch and large, very regular water changes might be the only way to deal with it!

Ed Seeley said:
If it's coming from the AS Amazonia II then it's probably really fine particulates.

it's what I've been suffering from LD in my MA scape. filter floss got rid over night!

Back