• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cloudy Water, please help

nigel bentley

Hi all, Over the last few hours my 455 litre tank is gradually developing cloudiness.
Water parameters are:
Nitrite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 20 ppm

The above 3 are as usual. However, the ph is vastly different to usual now reading around 7.9. Normally, after a day of co2 would normally read 6.8 and 7.6 before lights on. Temperature 24.7 fairly normal.
The tank has been running for 12 weeks so I assumed cycled.

There have been a few changes, maybe this could be an answer. Here goes :
1) co2 canister ran out this afternoon, drop checker still reads 20 though
2)Due to lockdown can't replace co2 so have raise height of lights by a small 20 mm
3) When doing water change 3 days ago, scrubbed two pieces of bogwood in hot water because of Bba
4) Although I dose weekly with Ferropol and daily with Ferrapol Npk macronutrient, I have started adding Ferropol 24 daily. Fish seem fine. Any suggestions would be gratefully received as this is a real head scratcher for me. Thanks in advance. Nigel. Ps Will be reducing dosing right down, now I'm no longer co2 injecting

It sounds like a bacteria bloom should clear in 2_4 days can just happen at any point you can do another water change if you want to but it will clear

Hi Jayefc, Thanks your reply..
When I got up this morning, the cloudiness had mysteriui disappeared but the ph is still a tad high. Think I will just monitor and keep up with my regular 30% water change each Saturday.
On a totally different note, does your user name denote you are an Everton supporter. If so, this makes you even more of a top man!

mysteriui disappeared but the ph is still a tad high. Think I will just monitor and keep up with my regular 30% water change each Saturday.
On a totally
This can happen mate glad to hear its cleared
On a totally different note, does your user name denote you are an Everton supporter. If so, this makes you even more of a top man!
I sure am mate what about yourself ?

Yes same as you. Used to be a season ticket holder in the Upper Bullens during Harvey/Walker/Royle era. Needless to say, I didn't see many wins, although I was at Wembley 1995 to see us beat Man. Utd. I was fortunate enough to win £300 that day. I'd bet on Everton to win tournament at start of season and did Rideout to be first scorer on the day. Football has changed a hell of a lot since then. Take care with this virus and cheers for the your help. Nigel

Oh mate that's a pretty amazing.memory.to.see us win the fa cup not sure it will ever happen again lol the new stadium looks pretty amazing took my boy.for the first time this year to the Southampton game.we live in derby now though so it's a bit of a trek up there ohhh Paul Rideout what a striker he was better than big Dunc in my opinion
Football has changes kinda fell.out of love with it over the last couple.of years used to travel.the country with the blues cant imagine doing it anymore though

I feel the same. I prefer going to see my local team Sutton. Utd. Think when we were younger, players showed more loyalty and certainly less diving, getting opposition sent off etc.Lots of friends of a similar age to me feel the same .
Enjoy your aquarium and stay safe mate

Back