• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 2 gauge reg from eBay - only needle valve?

nry

I have just received my new dual-gauge regulator from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0319528256

It is very well made to my eyes, but I can only see a needle valve and not the extra knob for controlling the pressure from the FE?

The green bit on the picture looks initially like it is for this but it is completely smooth and there's no way I can see of turning it.

Am I wrong in expecting two knobs? What is the need for two gauges on this regulator?

You'll probably find that it is preset to release 2 bar. There may be a screw which adjusts this behind the green badge on the front. Shouldn't need to touch it though, just use the needle valve to open and close. don't close the needle valve tight or it will be damaged. If a little gas exits while you setup and swap over each time it shouldn't be much

AC

nry said:
Am I wrong in expecting two knobs?
According to the listing its a new design and looks like it only has one control the pressure in the CO2 line to the tank.
nry said:
What is the need for two gauges on this regulator?
One gauge measures the pressure in the bottle (around 50-60) and the other in the CO2 tubbing (1-2).

Sounds simple enough then!

Pretty impressed with the quality for the price, and it also fits re-fillable cannisters too - they supply an allen key to remove the 22mm/FE fitment which reveals the smaller fitting for refills. Be good to get some CO2 pumping through the veins of the aquarium again :)

Well that was easy...popped to Maplin on the way home for a plug adapter (is it safe to just cut off the foreign plug and wire it into a UK one?), got home, bolted it to the FE, popped outside, cracked the FE handle, no funny noises and the gauges both showed the expected figures.

Checked for leaks with some washing up liquid and nothing, so onto the tank and away it goes :)

Should have asked first then, cheaper for a plug than an adaptor! Are the wires from the regulator colour coded?

nry said:
Should have asked first then, cheaper for a plug than an adaptor! Are the wires from the regulator colour coded?
Not that I am aware off, I never cut mine, I plug it straight into the timer without cutting it or using an adapter ;) I stick a pencil on the earth hole (top) and just plug the euro plug into the bottom two holes (live & neutral)

Ahh...this isn't a euro-plug though, but I assume it doesn't actually matter which wire goes on live/neutral anyhow?

nry said:
Ahh...this isn't a euro-plug though, but I assume it doesn't actually matter which wire goes on live/neutral anyhow?
Nope shouldn't matter. I have wired a lot of Euro appliances and most just have two black cables.

Back