• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 2kg bottle type

Aqua360

I'm looking to grab a 2kg cylinder, but everything I've seen so far uses the fire extinguisher type with handles, requiring them to be held together and taped up, which looks really bad.

Does anyone use the standard cylinders, similar to food grade ones? I'm probably not explaining this well, have attached image below.

I'm assuming the normal regulator thread would also fit onto this

Attachments

• carbon-di-oxide-gas-cylinder-500x500.png
    carbon-di-oxide-gas-cylinder-500x500.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 270
I use a 1.5kg cylinder from Adams Gas as a FE doesn't fit in my cabinet with everything else. Co2 Gas Bottles | Food Grade Co2 Cylinders | Co2 for Hydroponics

There's nothing wrong with using an FE, you put the pin through the handle to hold it closed. They're just not the most aesthetically pleasing object to have on show if you don't have an enclosed cabinet.

They use the same threads, so you can switch between an FE and a regular CO2 cylinder without issue (I have)

I use a 1.5kg cylinder from Adams Gas as a FE doesn't fit in my cabinet with everything else. Co2 Gas Bottles | Food Grade Co2 Cylinders | Co2 for Hydroponics

There's nothing wrong with using an FE, you put the pin through the handle to hold it closed. They're just not the most aesthetically pleasing object to have on show if you don't have an enclosed cabinet.

They use the same threads, so you can switch between an FE and a regular CO2 cylinder without issue (I have)
That actually looks ideal, how long do you get on 1.5kg? I'd be running it at 1bps...

most fire extinguishers have a key to hold them open. you can get chrome extinguishers in 2kg that look pretty nice actually

Aluminium cylinders go well with ADA canister filters, if you intend to 'display' them rather than hide conceal in a cabinet (this is from my local store, presume some UK retailers will also stock this?)

Aluminium cylinders go well with ADA canister filters, if you intend to 'display' them rather than hide conceal in a cabinet (this is from my local store, presume some UK retailers will also stock this?)
Do they have a standard valve, or do you have to use one of their regulators?

Back