• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 and am confused

cjwales

Seedling
Hi all, after reading through a few threads, trying to get my head around CO2 kits and for my teeny tanks the mini kits ( about £20 ) seem the best option. However is there a dummies guide out here ?
I know CO2 is good for plants hence wanting a system but as you guys already know your stuff, there seems no definitive advice for a noob. Can you introduce too much, how do you set up the systems, can I get one on a credit card that bills me as 'baby stuff' ???
I know from the member list that there are some of the best scapers in the country on here, maybe a bit of help for a mere mortal ?

CJ :)

Hi cj

Co2 for me is an absolute must I love the challenge off high tech, co2 setups can be as cheap or as expensive as you wise, when it comes the mini setups they seem a good idea but the cost of refills is ridiculous I was spending £12 a week on co2 bottles for a 30l tank if you can I would go down the fire extinguisher route these in a small tank could potentially last over 12 months and can be bought for around £20 you then need a regulator again anywhere between £25 - 200 theres a few in the £50 range that come recommended by plenty of people on here,

Co2 is scary to start with but theres really no need its very simple once you get your head around it, there is no end of great info and a few articles on here about co2 set up, co2 use and so on try the search feature and sit back because you will find hours and hours of reading :)

Hth

Mark

Back