• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 and Lights

Zachary1941

Seedling
Hi,
My palnts arrived today and I have planted up the tank.. Now i have set the timers for the lights to come on at 1 in the afternoon and off at 9 in the evening... Co2 to come on at 12.00 lunchtime and go off at 8 in the evening.. Also will be adding TPN+ Daily (The weekly amount devided by 7) Does this sound o.k or do i need to alter it.

Regards Zac.. ( Lights are 2.3 wpg..and Co2 pressurized, Tank size 125 litres and have planted 12 plants various sizes).

Hope this is the correct place for this?

Sounds OK, without more specifics of your tank (filtration/flow/CO2 distribution method/fauna) it's difficult to advise one way or another.

From the information you have given so far, I would go for CO2 on 2 hours before and leave it at one hour before lights off. This regime will only help and not hinder most set-ups.

EDIT: Re-Read- Is this a new set-up? 2.3 WPG is high lighting and a photoperiod of 8 hours is a bit big to start with, I'd start with 6 hours (max) and do some more research before going full on.

Back