• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 art flux diffuser not working correctly

This morning I turned the diffuser the other way round so the tubing is at the top.
This worked. Co2 began to flow as normal.
BUT that presents another problem as it means the tubing has to go right up the front of the tank.
I can't live with it looking like that
I then got a much shorter length of tubing
( around 45 cm ) and put the diffuser the wrong way round again in a clear sandwich box. It worked fine. So this is telling me that my 45 psi pressure is fine for 45 cm of tubing If the tubing is at the bottom of the diffuser, but it doesn't work with 100 cm of tubing.
I can't put the diffuser at the back of the tank ( the right way round ) as I have no glass surface to attach it to. It's a Trigon corner tank and I have a plastic textured cave system across the back 2 walls which is stuck to the glass.
I'm still at a loss as to where the CO2 goes when I have the diffuser upside down, as I can clearly see it going back down the tube towards the bubble counter ( unless I turn it up to a ridiculous level and it blows it back)
Pic attached of the diffuser with a short length of tube into a sandwich box, which shows CO2 bubbles. I'm also not that happy with the size of the bubbles. I've got an air stone on my air pump which produces bubbles almost as small.
I'm now thinking about getting rid of the diffuser entirely and buying an Aqua Medic reactor which can be mounted next to my filter, won't be seen, and I can use another spray bar mounted next to my current one so the diffused CO2 is blown around the tank more efficiently.
Thoughts?

Attachments

• 1552216187945834145145.jpg
    1552216187945834145145.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 118
I did the same with the co2 bottle but I think i should have checked it after I opened it up as the temperature droped it became slightly loose.. I'm going to get thread lock for the next bottle change. regards the reactor.. if you dont like the mist or small bubbles in the tank then go for it but there are many to choose from or if your a bit handy you can diy 1. the pro elite has a built in check valve but thats below your buuble counter.. you need a seperate 1 and put it right before the reactor or anything else that water can flow back from.. I'm really am no expert but you don't want any water in the co2 line at all.. the gas then has to push the water as well.. the kind of diffuser that has to be worked on with a shringe sound dodge anyway.. co2 art are a fantastic company so not a hit at them..

That type of Bazooka diffuser needs 2 bar to run efficiently minimum!
hoggie

I Have one that runs at 20PSI fine, but is the pressure gauge correct :rolleyes:

This morning I turned the diffuser the other way round so the tubing is at the top.
This worked. Co2 began to flow as normal.

So it was a leak :thumbup: well at least it working fine, as for the positioning it and running the tubing can be a right PITA :arghh:

Back