• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Art Inline Diffuser Questions

Qwedfg

Hello all,

I have been using the co2 art inline diffuser for a little more than a year and like it alot. My question is two fold: 1) I have noticed it has been burping some bigger bubbles recently is this due to it not being cleaned... Should I attempt to clean it or just order a replacement ceramic. 2) What working pressure are people using for this diffuser...I have been using 30 psi? I searched a bit on the website some people say 30 (the minimum) but I've also seen others say 35 to 45. If I increase the working pressure this will create smaller bubbles correct?

Thank you

Hi there, I find higher pressure reduces the bubble size for me, I run around 60 PSI.

But if the bubbles are getting bigger it probably means there's biofilm inside it blocking the smallest pores.

I like to have two ceramics on the go so I can hotswap and then clean the spare. But it's pretty easy to clean them and replace it.

I cleaned my diffuser last night and I was amazed it was working at all. I wish I took a picture but there was a thick layer of brown gunk caked in there. I rinsed out the gunk as best I could then dropped it in a cup of peroxide for 30 minutes then rinsed again and then put it back. I’ve lowered my co2 all day as the huge difference in efficiency was driving down my ph and I didn’t want to gas my fish or shrimp. Not sure why I never thought to clean it before now maybe because the outside looked perfectly clean when I saw it through the glass.

I’ve lowered my co2 all day as the huge difference in efficiency was driving down my ph and I didn’t want to gas my fish or shrimp.
This is one of the main reasons I swapped to using a cerges CO2 reactor. I have a high stocking of fish, so the ceramic membranes clogged quite fast for me. I found it tiring to have to constantly take the inline atomizer apart to clean it, or face unstable CO2.

This is one of the main reasons I swapped to using a cerges CO2 reactor. I have a high stocking of fish, so the ceramic membranes clogged quite fast for me. I found it tiring to have to constantly take the inline atomizer apart to clean it, or face unstable CO2.
@xZaiox I'm considering a reactor, where did you get yours from? Planning on linking it up to my canister filter.

@xZaiox I'm considering a reactor, where did you get yours from? Planning on linking it up to my canister filter.
Hi @Fuzzy Shaq , I just built it myself. I have no experience with any sort of plumbing or the fittings, so this was brand new to me. It seemed daunting at first, but it was honestly a lot easier than I thought it would be. You can read up on how to make them here - How To Build A Cerges Co2 Reactor

In that article, however, they used brass hose barbs, I would not use this. I'm unsure if there's a risk of copper leeching, but either way, why gamble? There are plenty of PVC or nylon hose barbs that can be used instead. They also use a sponge to trap fine bubbles, I don't do this because that would require far more maintenance to prevent flow from reducing, it works absolutely fine without the sponge. Also depending on your tank size, you may want a bigger filter housing. I have a 180 litre tank and decided to go with a 20" filter housing, I used this one - Spectrum Aqualyze 20" Clear Filter Housing with 3/4" Ports

It all works brilliantly. I'd never go back to in-tank or in-line atomizers again. Reactors all the way :thumbup::lol:

Hi @Fuzzy Shaq , I just built it myself. I have no experience with any sort of plumbing or the fittings, so this was brand new to me. It seemed daunting at first, but it was honestly a lot easier than I thought it would be. You can read up on how to make them here - How To Build A Cerges Co2 Reactor

In that article, however, they used brass hose barbs, I would not use this. I'm unsure if there's a risk of copper leeching, but either way, why gamble? There are plenty of PVC or nylon hose barbs that can be used instead. They also use a sponge to trap fine bubbles, I don't do this because that would require far more maintenance to prevent flow from reducing, it works absolutely fine without the sponge. Also depending on your tank size, you may want a bigger filter housing. I have a 180 litre tank and decided to go with a 20" filter housing, I used this one - Spectrum Aqualyze 20" Clear Filter Housing with 3/4" Ports

It all works brilliantly. I'd never go back to in-tank or in-line atomizers again. Reactors all the way :thumbup::lol:
Thanks for explaining it to me, appreciate it. I'll have a look at the links and some YouTube videos. How long has yours been set up?

Back