• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 art inline diffuser

Deano3

Anyone using this diffuser from co2 art , as i am trying to make my ph drop and struggling with in tank diffuser.

Thinking of buying one and also i dont like the look of the in tank diffuser.

Thanks dean

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Anyone using this diffuser from co2 art , as i am trying to make my ph drop and struggling with in tank diffuser.

Hi @Deano3

May I ask why you are trying to drop your pH? Is it the pH you are concerned about or are you injecting CO2 for plants? And what pH do you intend to move from and to? And one more question - what is your KH/alkalinity?

JPC

Hi @Deano3

May I ask why you are trying to drop your pH? Is it the pH you are concerned about or are you injecting CO2 for plants? And what pH do you intend to move from and to? And one more question - what is your KH/alkalinity?

JPC
Hi jay, i am injecting co2 so looking for the ph drop.

Also what pressure should the regulator be ?

What is the normal drop ?
My drop checker is staying dark green even after adding 2-4 bps on a 45p. Dosing using a in tank neo diffuser.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks dean

Hi jay, i am injecting co2 so looking for the ph drop.

Also what pressure should the regulator be ?

What is the normal drop ?
My drop checker is staying dark green even after adding 2-4 bps on a 45p. Dosing using a in tank neo diffuser.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks dean

Hi @Deano3

Take a look at https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/why-advise-a-1ph-drop.58798/.

[1] As regards the regulator working pressure (not the cylinder pressure), it would appear that none of the companies selling this product give any guidance. Pretty poor, unless I've overlooked something. Which regulator do you have and does it have one or two gauges? Could you let us know the maximum pressure shown on each (or just one) gauge?

[2] I'm not sure what you mean by "a 45p".

[3] Are your DC and diffuser at opposite ends of the tank?

[4] What are you using to distribute the CO2 around your tank? I'm referring here to flow/circulation.

JPC

Hi @Deano3

When I said "it would appear that none of the companies selling this product give any guidance", I was referring to the neo diffuser.

JPC

Hi @Deano3 i have the in tank diffuser mate its very good i also have a 45p and my bps is about 3 for a lime green bc but on that one im using the neo in tank as i think its better for a smaller tank so the bubbles of co2 can cross the plant leaves if you go in line your bps will lightly go up it does on my other 2 scapes with the inline diffusers
Cheers
Jay

Hi @Deano3 i have the in tank diffuser mate its very good i also have a 45p and my bps is about 3 for a lime green bc but on that one im using the neo in tank as i think its better for a smaller tank so the bubbles of co2 can cross the plant leaves if you go in line your bps will lightly go up it does on my other 2 scapes with the inline diffusers
Cheers
Jay
I have ordered a new inline diffuser as less to look at in tank and hopefully btter co2 distribution.

I have a co2 art regulator with 2 guages and solenoid and bubble counter all built in

I have the working pressure around 30 psi.

I have the oase thermosmart 100 filter with lilly pipes on one side and diffuser on other and drop checker on lily pipe side.

I also have m5 twinstar, thinking of selling this to put money towards a oase 250 filter .

Thanks dean

I have the 250 on my 45p i think its the right amount of flow for the tank and the pre filter helps a lot m8ght not be enough with the 100 to get it round the co2 evenly around the tank my rev is the co2 duel gage and it is on about 30 psi and drop checker lime green
Cheers
Jay

Back