• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Art inline diffuser

Corrin

Seedling
Hi guys,

Recently fitted one of these, was in tank before.
Is it normal for water to leak out through where the CO2 tube goes into the diffuser when the gas is turned off?
It’s like a steady drip, If no pressure in the co2 tube yet or a creep down of water after a few hours if everything is connected & the C02 has been shut off.
My reg has a bubble counter with a check valve, but a bit paranoid of coming down stairs and finding a big puddle on the floor so purchased a JBL check valve to go in between the diffuser & reg.
Also having issues with getting my drop counter to change colour now.
I do use a spray bar and can see a mist coming out but maybe I need to change to something else where the outflow is lower down?
I have a 200L so do need to give it some oomph.

Many thanks.

Water certainly shouldn’t be dripping out, but it is normal for it to creep up the CO2 tuning when the gas is turned off. That’s why you’re best advise to put a check valve in just before the diffuser to stop it traveling too far. The JBL valves are not great as they need quite a bit of pressure. It’s worth investing in one of the CO2 art ones. Obviously have a other one between bubble counter and magnetic valve to stop any water from bubble counter entering that.

Back