• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Art Regulator And Solenoide (Doubts)

Paulo Soares

Good afternoon,

333cujb.jpg

Having this bought to "CO2Art" and working fine, (at list i think so cause i have Co2 in the tank /colour almost yellow in drop / At 5 or 6 bubbles per second), but i need to understand how this equipment works, and therefore i request your help.

In "A" i have the amount of Co2 in the cilinder. Right?

Now my doubts..
In "B" i marked with a red line where in my case is the indicator pointing.

The seller says "Working pressure set to 3bar". In what pressure is mine working (the red line)??

This pressure is not affected as the amount of Co2 is reducing in the fire extinguisher?

For what is the "C" Regulator? Never touched it.

Many thanks

A is cylinder pressure, which as it is pressure of the gas above liquid CO2. It will stay at about 55bar/800psi/5.5MPa despite liquid level and once all the liquid has gone the pressure will drop as there is only gas left.

B is regulator output pressure 3 bar is 40psi is 0.3MPa. Yours is higher 0.4MPa or 4bar or 60psi.

C might be an output pressure adjustment if your regulator is adjustable.

In "A" i have the amount of Co2 in the cilinder. Right?

Yes the preassure of the cylinder to be more exact.

The seller says "Working pressure set to 3bar". In what pressure is mine working (the red line)??
Yours is at 4.5 bars more or less.

This pressure is not affected as the amount of Co2 is reducing in the fire extinguisher?
Nope. Maybe at the very very end of your CO2 (unsure)

Its for adjusting thos 4.5 bars. So for adjusting the output preassure or the second gauge.

Hello all,

please find below explanation:

A: High pressure gauge to monitor the amount of CO2 in your cylinder.

B: Low pressure gauge to monitor the working pressure of the system. Please note that this working pressure is pre-set to 3bar (sometimes little more). Also please note you are not able to change the working pressure on the Single stage two gauge regulator. Only on our Dual stage regulators (with blue knob in front) you are able to control the working pressure up to 5 bar.

C: Is part of the regulator and you should not touch it or try to unscrew it or so as there is high possibility that you will over pressure your regulator and damage it.

I am sorry just few more details for you:

Yes sometimes the regulator is pre-set to higher working pressure but you do not have to be alarmed.

Unfortunately the working pressure will start to drop down where there is little CO2 left in the cylinder as the single stage regulator is not able to hold his pressure in this stage so you will have to change the cylinder more often.

Only our dual stage regulators can hold their working pressure no mater how much CO2 is left in the cylinder so you can just let it to run out.

Paulo Soares said: ↑
Its for adjusting thos 4.5 bars. So for adjusting the output preassure or the second gauge.

Please note as I said before this is not correct. Please do not tough this part of the regulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many many thanks to all for the explanations.

I decide to ask cause i´m advising and praising the equipment to my aquaristic friends here in Portugal, some of them allready bought and came up also with this questions. And so by this way i can give also an explicit explanation.

Best compliments.

I decide to ask cause i´m advising and praising the equipment to my aquaristic friends here in Portugal, some of them allready bought and came up also with this questions. And so by this way i can give also an explicit explanation.

Best compliments.

Your very welcome.

Is always better to ask as we had customer who was playing with the "C" part and damaged his regulator.

Best compliments.

Mr. Paulo Soares always researching to give the best fundamented explanation to us all ;)

Best regards,

Luis Batista

Back