CO2 bottle / reg problem

Peter6bee

My CO2 ran out so I went and got a refil and was given a replacement bottle.
I've now come home and placed the reg on the new bottle, connected it all up but I cannot obtain a steady flow of bubbles.

I set them at 1 bps but 2 mins later its either stopped or it closer to 5 bps. When it stops I slowly turn the needle valve, nothing, nothing, 5bps again. No inbetween. I've removed the reg from the bottle and put it back on again but same thing.

I can't see how changing the bottle could effect this and sounds like a faulty regulator BUT it worked fine when it was on the last bottle.

I am using an Aqua Medic Regulator

Any ideas what this could be?

beeky

I'd try moving it much more slowly, say a few minutes between each adjustment, just so the pressure can build up to go through the diffusor.

Peter6bee

I'm injecting it direct into the inlet of the filter which was fine before I changed the filter so no diffuser.

I've taken the solenoid and bubble counter out of the equation too by just having a short tube going to a glass of water. Same thing happens so its nothing to do with back pressure that I can think of

Peter6bee

I was using the needle valve.

I've had the regulator replaced now and its working fine so seems to have been a problem with that :)
Cheers for the replies guys :D