co2 bubble rate decreasing

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by chump54, 20 Sep 2008.

1. chump54

chump54 Member

Hi all...

Just installed pressurised co2... after about 4 hours the bubble rate decreases. the 'working' pressure dial seems to be dropping... is it normal and should i just increase the bubble rate so once it drops it'll be at the required rate? although that doesn't seem ideal.

it is a lunapet regulator, running off a lunapet bottle

many thanks

Chris

2. ceg4048

ceg4048 Expert/Global Moderator Staff Member

Hi,
    Sounds like you've got a leak somewhere downstream of that gauge. Use the fairy liquid test to find it.

Cheers,

3. chump54

chump54 Member

ok thanks will do...

C

4. san-ho-zay

san-ho-zay Member

Do you have the solenoid? I have a Lunapet setup and that's where I had a problem. Just needed tightening up but I added some PTFE tape too and it's been fine since.

5. chump54

chump54 Member

yes i do have a solenoid... how have you connected yours... I have used a short section of air/co2 line to connect to reg. might try connecting directly.

ceg4048... looked for leaks but found none. I'll give it another go later, had the kids 'helping' this morning. ;)

cheers

C

6. san-ho-zay

san-ho-zay Member

I don't think mine can fit directly to the regulator, although the kits they sell now look as though they do. MIne is connected like yours via some tubing.

I checked all the connectors for leaks but my leak was manifesting itself from the side of a metal plate attached to the solenoid body. It was simple enough to fix - took the connectors off, undid the hex nuts, bit of PTFE tape and made sure it was all nice and tight.

7. chump54

chump54 Member

interesting... i looked at that metal plate and decided i didn't want to get it too wet. I'll investigate later.

C

8. GreenNeedle

GreenNeedle Member

The Lunapet will attach directly to the regulator but the reason a lot of us do it inline instead of direct is there is a lowere chance of leaks than the direct route. It is possible to do though.

AC

9. chump54

chump54 Member

just re did all connections and it seems ok... did up the pressure slightly.

but all sorted, thanks all.

C