• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 bubble size

This is in regards to the actual bubble size after diffusion and not bubble counter size. I have a neo acrylic diffuser from aquariam gardens which is a great diffuser. My question is after reading a post from Tom Barr https://barrreport.com/threads/using-a-powerhead-for-co2-diffusion.1293/
People's thoughts using a diffuser directly under a power head. Bubbles from the neo acrylic diffuser are small but after I've chopped them up with a power head they are tiny creating a fine mist throughout the tank in every nook and cranny which wasn't possible without the power head. Ph readings are the same the only difference is I don't see as much pearling using the power head chopping the bubbles up so has anyone else experience with this?

I would expect there could be less CO2 actually dissolved ( because it''s in ''bubbles'' as compared to being dissolved)
There are theories which say plants could benefit from microbubbles because it could make picking up CO2 easier ( bubbles sticking to or being trapped by the plant allowing to pick up the co2 straight from the bubble) thus the combination of dissolved CO2 and microbubbles could be the best of both worlds.

Back