• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 bubbles and aquarium backgrounds

alanchown

I have a black aquarium background, but it seems to highlight the co2 bubbles and they look a tad unsightly. I'm not keen on no background- I'll see my wallpaper! Would a lighter background make the co2 bubble less visible and what colour looks ok-white? blue?

White or frosted looks much better than blue.

You can paint it if you like or use made to measure acrylic or frosted stick on paper.

Check out this video tutorial by jurijs on using a frosted stick on paper. Well worth subscribing to his channel.

I have a black aquarium background, but it seems to highlight the co2 bubbles and they look a tad unsightly. I'm not keen on no background- I'll see my wallpaper! Would a lighter background make the co2 bubble less visible and what colour looks ok-white? blue?

Ive got a black background as well the bubbles don't bother me at all, I actually like them, a lighter background should help though, white or light grey. I think they would stand out with blue :)

I have see-thru onto a white wall. It helps a bit to disguise the bubbles but still looks like lemonade.

Thought about a reactor?

I did previously use an in line diffuser. However I had a CO2 accident and prefer to physically see what's happening. I now have a FX4 which uses odd sized pipes. Are there any reactors that are recommended?

Back