• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 bubbles/meter/indicator

Kevin2016

Hi all

I’m wondering about the following, what is more important, bubbles fly throughout the tank or make sure the ph drops with 1 point before lights are on and the indicator is lime green/yellow.

Let me clarify this. I make use of an inline diffuser and make sure the ph drops with 1 point before the lights are on (8 to 7/6.8 via ph meter) and the co2 indicator is lime green/yellow. However my filter with spray bar isn’t that strong enough to push the bubbles down to the carpet plants. Some small bubbles reach it but most of them just fly upwards. I don’t see any deficiency (yet).

So is it necessary that bubbles reach the plants or just make sure that the ph drops with 1 point ?

Edit: the co2 indicator is lime-green/yellow on the substrate level.

Kind Regards
Kevin

A pHrop of 1 along with the DC colour change you have is a great start.
Bubbles reaching the carpet may be great but as long as their is some movement of the carpet in the flow of the tank turnover you should be fine esp if the DC has that colour change at the substrate level

Be carefull if the plantmass increases 1) you will need more CO2 and 2) it may block flow to parts of the tank. Keep checking and keep an eye on it, strong flow through a spraybar over the full length of the tank is often the easiest way to get good flow everywhere, maybe think about upgrading the filter.

Hi Ed,

I understand, it a low energy tank with only crypts, bucephalandra, anubias, trident fern and the Monte Carlo carpet :)

Its a 250 liter bruto tank with an eheim prof 4 350 filter approx. 1000 lph with an in tank co2 diffuser and ADA soil. I’m looking for a new filter perhaps the jbl e1502.

Back