• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 cannister

tyke_uk

please help im setting up my first planted tank ive more or less got all my equipment together. I have still to get my co2 cannister im going to try my local homebrew shop my question is, the co2 regulator connector i have is 2.2cm is this a standard measurment or will i have to shop about to get one.

European and British refillable cylinders all have threads of 0.860 inches OD and 14 threads per inch. That's very near 22mm.

Disposables are smaller although I don't know what size exactly.

22mm is standard. Why not just use a Fire Extinguisher?

Check out the thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266

Don't be scared of the disclaimers at the beginning of the thread, be scared of the horror stories :lol:.

Lots of people use these in the hobby and I've not heard of one horror story. If you're sensible there is no more danger of using this system than using a purpose built cannister

Simon D said:
22mm is standard. Why not just use a Fire Extinguisher?

Check out the thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266

Don't be scared of the disclaimers at the beginning of the thread, be scared of the horror stories :lol:.

Lots of people use these in the hobby and I've not heard of one horror story. If you're sensible there is no more danger of using this system than using a purpose built cannister

many thanks for the reply really interesting thred im sorted now i know exactly where to go from here! :D

Back