CO2 circulation

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Dolly Sprint 16v, 10 Feb 2010.

1. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

2. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

You could place the diffuser underneath the water in take pipe so the gas is drawn into the filter unit, this would really mash the gas up - I have mine underneath a filter inlet pipe - works a treat for me.

DSCN3425.jpg

Regards
    Paul.

3. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

That hard luck about the length of the glass intake pipe, will the diffuser fit by the pipe so as the water been drawn into the pipe it will draw the Co2 bubbles in as well. Judging by the picture you have a ceramic diffuser if the above wont work put the diffuser underneath the power head that will definately work.

Regards
    paul.

4. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

What are you using in your tank at the moment to break up the Co2 bubbles.

Regards
    paul.

5. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

So there is a connector with the power head that you can connect your Co2 pipe too, if so use the difuser with the power head.

Regards
    paul.

6. Simon D

Simon D Member

Have you got 4dkh solution ready?

When the drop checker arrives this is one of the first things you will need for accurate readings. Depending on where you bought it it will usually arrive with a bromo blue (or equivalent reagent) solution but I'm yet to find any supplier of D/Cs that provide 4dkh with their product as standard :rolleyes:

7. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

The connection on your powerhead is used to introduce o2 into the water column - if you put a piece of pipe onto the connection and the other end is above the water line it will draw in o2

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... r7cqsDA0tQ

Have a look at the attached - there is a additional nozzle that can be attached (clear plastic) with a pipe attached and a small shut off valve, if the pipe is above the water level and the valve open it will draw o2 into the returning water and give better airation of the water - this is what you power head is surposed to do, have you tried putting your glass diffuser by the outgoing lily pipe or get it as close as you can.

Regards
    Paul.

8. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Ok - done my homework this morning and I now see the kit you have.

http://www.redseafish.com/languages/95/pdf/229.pdf

The only thing I can think of now is placing your glass diffuser as close as you can to the glass lily pipe (outlet). Can you put the diffuser on the back glass and underneath the lily pipe, so as the bubbles rise and get caught up in the outgoing flow from the lily pipe.

Regards
    paul.

9. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Do it that way then - but in an early posting you stated that it was noisey I was just think of trying to make it quieter for you.

Regards
    Paul.