• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 cylinder adapter /extender

JaExile

Hi all , I need some advice. I have recently moved from disposable job canisters to refillable Co2 cylinders. However I have found that the a jbl adapter from the cylinder to the regulator is just too short and I can't tighten the unit enough to get a proper seal so I'm loosing a huge amount of Co2
Has anyone had this problem in the past and any suggestions ?'

Are your pressure gauges catching on the shoulders of the bottle? If so, it’s like mine. I just attach it update down.

A picture would definitely help and the way the jbl adapter works it has to be attached by an Allen key to the regulator first,
Thanks hypnogogia , I’ll try your suggestion

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
Perhaps I should add that my regulator is designed for disposable Co2 cylinders and the unit attached to the Co2 cylinder is to reduce the bore of the thread from the cylinder size to the regulator size. So I’m after the cCo2 equivalent of an extension cord to attach to the Co2 cylinder so I have the capacity to make gas tight seals. Any suggestions gratefully received

Easier solution is the black collar/handle on the CO2 bottles are removable. They unscrew counter clockwise, if stiff a little WD40 and a tap the handle round with a hammer, it will screw off totally allowing easier access to tighten the regulator on.

Mattcook, papa_c, thank you both for the really helpful suggestions. Luckily the new cylinder has a slightly smaller collar/handle and I have been able to get a good airtight connection . However when the next one comes I’ll see if I’m strong enough to remove the handle otherwise I’ll be emailing Denmark.
:)

Back