• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 diffuser help.

SRP3006

Hi all,

Currently looking into setting up my planted tank and have a few queries about the diffuser.
I'm running a fluval fx6 and possibly a fluval 306 to compliment extra turnover.

As the fluval fx6 has different pipe sizes meaning it's difficult to retro fit a inline diffuser or any inline heaters to them. Would it be ok to fit the diffuser and heater to the pipework of the fluval 306 or would that cause issues with flow or co2 absorption?

Co2 would be from a FE via a co2 art regulator.
Tank is 400 litres. 48x24x24.

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, you will likely just have to try it and see however I suspect the 306 will become more of a tool for keeping your equipment out of the tank for the inline heater and co2 systems and then the fx6 will be used for filtration and distribution. I would be inclined to remove all media from the 306 to improve flow with the inline devices.

Thanks, I have read several threads saying that. I was just worried that I can't then guarantee that all my water is passing through the filtration of the fx6, if I'm correct.

I mean on 400 litres the 306 is not really needed alongside the fx6 and circulation pumps is it.

I was just worried that I can't then guarantee that all my water is passing through the filtration of the fx6, if I'm correct.

I don’t really understand what you mean.....

I mean on 400 litres the 306 is not really needed alongside the fx6 and circulation pumps is it.

No not for filtration purposes. If you have extra circulation pumps then you should be fine distribution wise also.

I was worried that all the water wouldn't be filtered correctly but after a bit of thought of course it would be.

And if I had both of the outlets on one side of the tank then the fx6 would help push the co2 around the tank.

Hi, you will likely just have to try it and see however I suspect the 306 will become more of a tool for keeping your equipment out of the tank for the inline heater and co2 systems and then the fx6 will be used for filtration and distribution. I would be inclined to remove all media from the 306 to improve flow with the inline devices.
Thanks for your help.

Once I've got everything in place I'll start a journal so I can tap into all the experience of this site.

Back