• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 diffuser in rear tank sump

Luke61188

Seedling
Hi all, I’m new to the forum
I have just setup co2 system on my tank,
I have a tank with a built in rear sump/filter
3 chambers inlet/ media/ return.
Would I be able to put the diffuser in the return chamber so the return pump sucks in the co2 and pumps it around the tank??

I have no idea of the efficiency as I haven't set it up yet, but this is what I plan to do we my new setup.

I can't see it being an issue, i know a lot of people have there diffusers under a pump/wavemaker etc.

Would I be able to put the diffuser in the return chamber so the return pump sucks in the co2 and pumps it around the tank??
Welcome, that sounds like a good idea, especially if the diffuser is positioned as close to the pump as possible.

I was planning on doing the same once I get my next tank. Should be a similar effect to an inline diffusor.

Hey Luke, just wondering how this worked out for you? Running a waterbox 7 and thinking about moving the diffuser to one of the sump compartments on the back. Thanks

I have experience with this, and yes you can do that. I used a DIY Venturi reactor and positioned it just above the return pump. Worked great and saturated my tank quickly.

Back