• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 diffuser

gzylo said:
Hi

I am not sure (i`m confused) how to understand hose seize and equivalent lets say in line heater connection size?

I I am looking in to this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Co2-...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item25574383e5 and i`m using fluval 405 which hose diameter is 17 mm

should I use 16-22, 12-16 or 8-12mm connection sizes?

Thanks
gzylo

As always with these things never straight forward.

In my opinion If your 405 uses 17mm internal diameter you will want to buy the 16-22mm one. Its the old metric/imperial conversion problems

thanks!

I was thinking same but need second opinion :)

thanks again

gzylo said:
Hi

I am not sure (i`m confused) how to understand hose seize and equivalent lets say in line heater connection size?

I I am looking in to this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-Co2-...QQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Fish?hash=item25574383e5 and i`m using fluval 405 which hose diameter is 17 mm

should I use 16-22, 12-16 or 8-12mm connection sizes?

Thanks
gzylo

Gzylo

My understanding of the above product is that there is 1 type of diffuser but you have to state the tail size you require.

Atomizer with 8 - 12mm connections
Atomizer with 12 - 16mm connections
Atomizer with 16 - 22mm connections

The 8, 12 and 16mm refers to internal pipe diameters - this ensures correct interference fit to the atomizer tails and the 12,16 and 22mm are external pipe diameters - this will ensure that the plastic locknut will secure the pipe in position and a radial force is applied to prevent leaks.

Regards
paul.

Hi Flyfisherman

I know what the sizes refers to but do not know how :).

I do think I should use 16-22mm diffuser.

Thanks Flyfisherman!

gzylo said:
Hi Flyfisherman

Thanks Flyfisherman!

Look at it this way: 16mm is the internal bore of the pipe and 22mm is the outside diameter of the pipe, take 16mm from 22mm and it leaves you with 6mm, divide this by 2 and it gives you the thickness of the wall of the pipe 3mm don't forget there are two walls - one either side of the pipe or looking face on at a piece of 16/22mm pipe

Wall thickness = 3mm
Internal bore of pipe = 16mm
Wall thickness = 3mm
Overall diameter = 22mm

Regards
paul.

Flyfisherman said:
gzylo said:
Hi Flyfisherman

Thanks Flyfisherman!

Look at it this way: 16mm is the internal bore of the pipe and 22mm is the outside diameter of the pipe, take 16mm from 22mm and it leaves you with 6mm, divide this by 2 and it gives you the thickness of the wall of the pipe 3mm don't forget there are two walls - one either side of the pipe or looking face on at a piece of 16/22mm pipe

Wall thickness = 3mm
Internal bore of pipe = 16mm
Wall thickness = 3mm
Overall diameter = 22mm

Regards
paul.

Right...

So if fluval 405 internal bore pipe is 17mm then I should use Atomizer with 12 - 16mm connections so I can actually fit it on the atomizer. Did I understand what you said?

Back