• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 diffusion via power head

billy boy

Looking for some pointer's on using a power head for co2 diffusion, Currently using a fluval 2 plus with a ceramic diffuser inside the casing.

Which seems to do the job but even after being on for 2 hours before the lights come on the drop checker is just about turning green!
And that's with the bubble rate at a level you can't count :crazy:

So was looking at using a more powerful power head to push the co2 round the tank better, Would i be able to put the co2 tube into the bottom of the power head and let the impeller chop the co2 up? or would i be better to put the ceramic diffuser underneath the uptake of the power head!

I was looking at getting a UP atomizer but iam using a fx5 and don't want to reduce the pipe size as i don't want to reduce the flow.

Cheers

Hi mate, get the up super atomiser internal diffuser, the bubbles are tiny and the fx5 blows them around easily. You can even run the diffuser next to the intake of the fx5 so it acts like a reactor. Or, do what I'm about to do with my fx5 and build a reactor out if PVC pipe. Almost total dissolved co2 in the tank then with no bubbles. I'm staring mine next week

Hi
Thanks for your reply, Didn't think anybody was going to bother :lol:

How are you going about building your reactor? Are you copying someone else's diy project, If so do you have a link. Could be worth thinking about to see if my diy skills would be good enough :wideyed:

Cheers

Yes mate, I'm going off eds reactor here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4626 but just modifying it to accomodate 25mm hose barbs to fit the fx5s hose. The reactor itself will be a little longer given the flow the filter produces.
I've also ensured the the hose tails will be 1 and quarter inch screw end to one inch barbed so there's no reduction again

Alastair said:
Yes mate, I'm going off eds reactor here viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4626 but just modifying it to accomodate 25mm hose barbs to fit the fx5s hose. The reactor itself will be a little longer given the flow the filter produces.
I've also ensured the the hose tails will be 1 and quarter inch screw end to one inch barbed so there's no reduction again

Sounds like a good idea :thumbup: Are you going to post the results once you make it?

foxfish said:
If you want to use a powerhead to distribute your C02 then that is a very simple & effective way as long as you use a needle wheel pump.

This method seems to be the easiest way, I found this thread on the barr report.

http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.ph ... ifications

So i might just go and get a maxi jet and get my snips out :eek:

Cheers

Back