co2 diffusion

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by billy boy, 11 Aug 2009.

1. billy boy

billy boy Member

Looking for some ideas for the best way to diffuse co2 in my 35 litre cube,Dont think i can use the filter as its a HOB filter, As i have no room for a external, Was thinking of useing a powerhead and putting the co2 in the venturi nossel but unsure if this would work? plus it would be difficult to hide a power head in such a small tank, Can anyone suggest a better way to do this other than the power head :thumbup:

Cheers bb

2. James Marshall

James Marshall Member

CO2 distribution can be tricky with HOB filters.
    Your best bet would probably be to place a ceramic disc diffuser directly beneath the filter outlet.
    You will loose some CO2 via the suface disturbance caused by the HOB filter, but distribution is very important.
    You can always up the CO2 to compensate for losses, I eneded up using 90 bubbles per minute on a 20 litre tank with HOB filter.

Cheers
    James

3. billy boy

billy boy Member

I did think of putting a diffuser under the intake but being a shrimp only tank with lots of baby shrimps i have a sponge over the inlet so i dont think the hob would have enough suction to pull that much of the co2 through.

4. billy boy

billy boy Member

Thanks for all your suggestions :wave: I just ended up putting it straight into the intake, Cant get the drop checker passed green :? But dosing easycarbo as well, So hopefully between the 2 they will get the job done.