• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 diffusion

billy boy

Looking for some ideas for the best way to diffuse co2 in my 35 litre cube,Dont think i can use the filter as its a HOB filter, As i have no room for a external, Was thinking of useing a powerhead and putting the co2 in the venturi nossel but unsure if this would work? plus it would be difficult to hide a power head in such a small tank, Can anyone suggest a better way to do this other than the power head :thumbup:

Cheers bb

CO2 distribution can be tricky with HOB filters.
Your best bet would probably be to place a ceramic disc diffuser directly beneath the filter outlet.
You will loose some CO2 via the suface disturbance caused by the HOB filter, but distribution is very important.
You can always up the CO2 to compensate for losses, I eneded up using 90 bubbles per minute on a 20 litre tank with HOB filter.

Cheers
James

I did think of putting a diffuser under the intake but being a shrimp only tank with lots of baby shrimps i have a sponge over the inlet so i dont think the hob would have enough suction to pull that much of the co2 through.

Thanks for all your suggestions :wave: I just ended up putting it straight into the intake, Cant get the drop checker passed green :? But dosing easycarbo as well, So hopefully between the 2 they will get the job done.

Back