• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 diffusion

Spanerman

Right, since my glass diffuser broke ive been using my crappy co2 kit which you periodicaly squirt into the diffuser and it just difuses into the water, i have just set up a diy setup with 2 yeast bottles and the tube going into the filter input, is this a good way to do it?

It will just be temparary untill my new diffuser arives from Malasia.

Sam.

Hi Spanerman

I may not be the best person to advise you on your yeast setup as I jumped straight in to the pressurised CO2 system.
However, what I can tell you is most of us diffuse into the filter outlet and not the inlet, but I should think you'll be OK in the short term, while you are waiting for your delivery.

Chris.

ok cheers, im saving for a presurised co2 system :)

Those co2 kits are pretty crap unfortunately. While you wait for a better kit it might be worth reducing your lighting as high light and no or inadequate co2 normally results in algae.

FYI - Im in the process of writing a tutorial for pressurised CO2 system that is based around disposable cylinders, should come in at under £50.

Sam

Thats great, i allready have a diffuser, tubing and a drop checkerso that should be a bit less, im guessing all i would need it a bottle reg and bubble counter?

If you could pm the article when your done that would be amazing, as im not a regular browser realy :lol:

Sam.

Btw im only at 2wpg so i hope it would be ok?

Back