• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 dosing, drop checker

lee

Seedling
how can i get the drop checker to change to lime green when the lights go on in the morning,the dc is only changing about 2 or 3 hour in to the lighting period,and then it is changing to lime green so im getting the right amount of co2 in the tank, just not quick enough,i have a 260l tank,and using a reactor from china that is meant for 200l to 300l tanks,the lights are on for 7 hours a day the co2 comes on about 2 hours before lights come on ,and go,s out,2 hours before they go off,im getting pearling on the tops of the plants for about the last 4 hours of the lighting period,but nothing on the lower bottom plants ,i have read some posts and they have said to cut the amount of dc solution down,so i have done that, but its still the same .....

yes i am useing 4dkh solution,but it is home made,i am waiting for my 4 dkh solution to come from aqua essentals,when i put it in the drop checker it was blue,and it changes back to blue every morning before i got to work so i think its alright

Hi Lee

I'm going through exactly the same thing, but am adjusting the bubble rate, and the time the CO2 switches on to try to get the DC green when the lights come on, but not to get too yellow as the day goes on. I'm switching the CO2 on 15mins earlier each day and seeing when it gets to grass green.

My setup changes 20% of the water (60l) every morning before the CO2 switches on, so that also removes the CO2 from the day before.

Tony

lee said:
how can i get the drop checker to change to lime green when the lights go on in the morning,the dc is only changing about 2 or 3 hour in to the lighting period,and then it is changing to lime green so im getting the right amount of co2 in the tank, just not quick enough,i have a 260l tank,and using a reactor from china that is meant for 200l to 300l tanks,the lights are on for 7 hours a day the co2 comes on about 2 hours before lights come on ,and go,s out,2 hours before they go off,im getting pearling on the tops of the plants for about the last 4 hours of the lighting period,but nothing on the lower bottom plants ,i have read some posts and they have said to cut the amount of dc solution down,so i have done that, but its still the same .....
Hi,
Don't blame the Chinese. :lol: Slowly add more CO2 while being careful not to gas the fish. Your injection rate and/or your flow is sub-par.

Cheers,

Back