• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Dump/Dodgy Regulator???

squiggley

Came home this morning from work dosed ferts as normal.
Turned the co2 on (timer has broken so turning it on maually at the moment)
Drop checker was light green/yellowish even though co2 had been turned off overnight so adjusted needle valve on regulator slightly.
Readings on regulator indicated cylinder was ok (just over 50bar and 1.5psi).
Wheni I woke up at luch time I noticed that no c02 was being diffused and checked only to find that the cylinder was empty.

The cylinder was only installed at the begining of May.
This is the second time that this has now happened and all the connections were checked for leaks last time.
The only thing I can think is that the needle valve on the regulator is faulty.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks
Darren

Do you have fish in the tank yet? If so, then a CO2 dump would have killed them. If there are no fish it could still be a CO2 dump, but this generally happens once the bottle pressure starts to reduce.

Carry out a thoruogh leak check on all the connections, and make sure your 4dKH solution and pH reagent are OK.

Dave.

Yes there are fish in the tank and they were unaffected that the puzzling thing.
Have 2 DC with 4dkh solution in the tank, I suspected the JBL of leaking tank water so I bought a new glass one but now both are begining to show dark green.

I will get a new FE on Moday and recheck the connections. There weren't any leaks the last time but did use some black JBL co2 tubing between the check valves and the bubble counter and although it didn't show any leaks it didn't seem as snugger fit, although I couldn't be pulled off easily. as the clear co2 tubing from aquaessentials.

Back