• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Equipment Query

Tommy

Hi, I am thinking of setting up Co2 on my 240ltr planted tank. I have been looking at the Pro-se Series complete Co2 kit. I would be using a 2kg Co2 fire extinguisher. Do I need anything else such as timers etc or is this all I would need to get. Thanks :)

Do I need anything else such as timers etc
The following:
- Timer to turn CO2 on 2 hours before lights come on and 1 hour before lights go off.
- CO2 proof tubing.
- Some form of CO2 injection eg in line diffuser, reactor etc.
- Ensuring your filtration rate for a 240litre tank is at least 2400litre/hour (x10 rule of thumb).
- Controllable lights to keep lighting levels under control. I assume you have already, as you say planted tank.
- Drop checker & indicator to determine CO2 levels.
- pH pen, can be useful as well for determining CO2 levels.
- Patience to set up CO2 injection rate to achieve 30ppm at lights on.;)

The following:
- Timer to turn CO2 on 2 hours before lights come on and 1 hour before lights go off.
- CO2 proof tubing.
- Some form of CO2 injection eg in line diffuser, reactor etc.
- Ensuring your filtration rate for a 240litre tank is at least 2400litre/hour (x10 rule of thumb).
- Controllable lights to keep lighting levels under control. I assume you have already, as you say planted tank.
- Drop checker & indicator to determine CO2 levels.
- pH pen, can be useful as well for determining CO2 levels.
- Patience to set up CO2 injection rate to achieve 30ppm at lights on.;)

I have 2 external filters one is 2000lph the other 1150lph and the standard 14.5watt led that came with the fluval roma 240. I think the kit comes with Co2 inline atomizer or bazooka and drop checker. So it looks like I need a timer and a PH pen, Ive heard about TDS pens do I need one of those? not quite sure what TDS is. Thanks. :)

Easy way to get a hold of CO2 refills

I am trying to source a large bottle that is used in the pubs and clubs, one of these should last a long time, but I will get a fire extinguisher unlit I can get the pub bottle.:)

Hi Tommy, Glad to hear your looking at CO2 Art for your equipment. Please check out the following links for some references about getting started etc.
https://help.co2art.eu/104208-Guide-to-cylinder-connections

https://help.co2art.eu/236472-Im-planning-to-use-CO2-Fire-Extinguisher-What-thread-should-I-take-

Thanks for the links, so is this kit https://www.co2art.eu/collections/c...tem-for-tank-up-to-500l?variant=5826764177446 all I need to buy? does it come with a plug and lead for the solenoid? or do you have to source your own? Thanks

The solenoid will come with lead and plug. The only thing you should need in addition is a timer, cheap one from Argos for example. Manual or digital, makes no odds.

For inline diffuser check the diameter of your tubing. If not standard 12 or 16mm, better to order the kit from Aquarium Gardens, with the larger Aquario intank diffuser, best in tank diffuser imo.

Otherwise everything you need!

The solenoid will come with lead and plug. The only thing you should need in addition is a timer, cheap one from Argos for example. Manual or digital, makes no odds.

For inline diffuser check the diameter of your tubing. If not standard 12 or 16mm, better to order the kit from Aquarium Gardens, with the larger Aquario intank diffuser, best in tank diffuser imo.

Otherwise everything you need!

Thanks Siege, I think my filter pipe is 18mm so no good for inline atomizer, the kit can come with a bazooka diffuser, don't know if they are any good?

get yourself 2x memory timers from b&q. These have a battery backup memory (light, co2) about a tenner each so if your leccy does trip or you have a power cut your times will be saved and will auto switch back on/ off using the correct time of day and the settings you have input.

Matter of opinion. Bazooka good but AquaRio intank diffuser is best on market imo. I use them plus an ADA Beetle.

Might be controversial but I feel It’s better than my ADA one that costs £100. Again, all in my opinion.

Matter of opinion. Bazooka good but AquaRio intank diffuser is best on market imo. I use them plus an ADA Beetle.

Might be controversial but I feel It’s better than my ADA one that costs £100. Again, all in my opinion.

Thanks again :)

Dead easy to set up. Just use a wrench and a bit of elbow grease to tighten the reg well.

Use a cable tie to keep the cylinder open. Happy days!

Dead easy to set up. Just use a wrench and a bit of elbow grease to tighten the reg well.

Use a cable tie to keep the cylinder open. Happy days!

Hi Siege, that wasn't quite what I meant. That part is easy, I meant setting it up for the tank?

Back