CO2 FE What to say when getting one?

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Superman, 28 Jul 2008.

1. Superman

Superman Member

I'mgoing to get a co2 fe sometime this week but just wondered what I can say to the local fire saftey people. Guess they won't want to hear I'm going to remove the nozzle then add a regulator.

What's the best things to say and ask when I call? Or don't say anything?

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

"I want a fire CO2 extinguisher please" should work ;)

When I went to get one re-gassed I said it was for aquarium use, they just shrugged really.

3. Superman

Superman Member

That was what I was going to try. Just wondered if they asked anything like the usage etc.

4. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

can i ask why a fire station is involved?

ebay £18 and refilled at maidenhead aquatics. thats what i do anyway :?

5. Superman

Superman Member

Its difficult for me to get deliveries as I'm out all day with work. Some couriers dont do weekend delivery.

6. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

oh i see. :D

7. ulster exile

ulster exile Member

Can't you get it delivered to work? My receptionists do very well in pressies from me in exchange for letting me receive goods (and for using the post machine)

Seriously though - I can't see why they'd care why you would be buying one...what you do with it after you've bought it is your business. My FE re-fillers get plenty of us in buying and re-filling FE's and I gather they sell some reconditioned ones to a well-known if crap (imo) shop near Shirley.

8. JamesM

JamesM Member

If you can't have it delivered to work, won't a neighbour sign for it for you?

9. Wolfenrook

Wolfenrook Member

Just stick with asking for one, they are very unlikely to ask what use you wish to put it to as they are likely as not going to assume that you intend to keep it in case you ever have a fire. :lol: If you tell some of the more 'serious' types what you are going to use it for at the least you will get a lecture about misusing them, and at worst they will outright refuse to sell you one as they will class the usage as dangerous misuse. :p

If they do ask you what you are going to use it for, try looking at them like they are stupid, and if you don't want to lie just tell them the truth in a really sarcastic tone of voice. :lol: :lol:

Ade

10. Superman

Superman Member

I work at the Head Office of a bank, them accepting compressed gas canisters is a no-no!

Just wasn't sure if they asked questions or not, sounds like they don't, so job's a good un.

Not really chatty with the neighbors yet. Although, they've accepted things in the past, not sure they're in during office hours.

11. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Expert

thats a strange one really. look all around us we see FE! hey are there to save us, not kill us. :lol:

12. Superman

Superman Member

When you put it like that, it is a bit strange.

It'd just send the x-ray machine a bit doolally. hehe :lol:

13. spaldingaquatics

spaldingaquatics Member

:lol: Never fails

14. altaaffe

altaaffe Member

I went to a centre which does bottles for pubs, got a large bottle for £10 deposit (get the whole tenner back when finished with the bottle) and the gas cost me £13

15. Lisa_Perry75

Lisa_Perry75 Member

Surely it works out for them as you refill often, giving them more business!