• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 fire extinguisher

glenn

very very roughly (i know it depends on tank size,bubbles per second,and if its on at night ect ect)how long would a 5kg co2 fire extingusher last in a 180 aquarium?

Rough guess, a year, If not on when light off.

Why do you ask? Do you have one running? Are you experiencing problems? Are are you just contemplating the idea......?

yes im thinking of definalty getting one...looking at the size of the 5gk i think i will have to go for the 2kg, not to worry though i just wanted to get an idea of how long these last, for there price, in comparison to the aquarium sold co2 setups.

I'm glad I got mine - it was very easy to set up, and looking at the size of it, compared with the size of the disposable aquarium CO2 bottles, I'm going to save a huge amount of money.

Have you seen the guide of how to set it up in the 'tutorials' section of the forum? It has pictures and I found it really useful.

yes i have...(got it in my favorites ;) ) im just looking at buying a FE on good old ebay :lol: and just wanted any ones opinion who has got a FE co2 set up because the FE im looking at is unuasualy cheap and in a black bottle...where as all of the FE co2 set ups i have seen have all been red and wanted to know if there is a difference in the co2 betweent the red and black bottles.

check it out and try and get back to me =>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=280300041706&Category=98854&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2]
many thanks
Glenn

Blimey Glenn that is cheap :? Maybe too cheap :lol:

Spoke to Dan Crawford the other day and he said about £22 delivered i think.

Interesting to know if anyone on this forum has used these one's .

The old black Fire Extinguishers are now obsolete, so once empty i don't think you will get it refilled.

Cheers Gordon.

glenn said:
ok...so i need to get a red one from a reliable source that is around £25
You can buy 2x2kg FE's of Dan for £37 including delivery! bargain ;)

ok thanks for the help tourney and londondragon...i have left dan a message about 2x2kg FE.

now i was just wondering if any one can recomend a good regulator thats not to expencive. (no more than £65)

yes i have looked at the tutorial and wanted to get the reg he uses but when i clicked on the link i couldent find it :p
thanks for showing me it...hopfully will buy it soon :D

Back