• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 first timer

Beaky

Seedling
As a very Amateur fishkeeper since 1990's I had never used CO2, and just got sick of the problem Algae of all colours and decided to try a new scope. Pre joining the forum here, I did have a look and went to You tube etc, and now joined UKAPS.

So first picture of the tank. I would happlily take some advise or thoughts about improving things in general, whats wrong etc.

The picture shows it as it is today, vastly improved, and I will list what goes on.

Lido 200 with Helialux Spectrum Lighting (recent) set at standard set up but 75% light
Co2 system with Diffuser, Bubble Counter and Non Return Value all in one.
Adams Gas Co2 Cylinder (3.15k)
PH controller, set at 6.66 (in line with drop checkers) and constantly monitored (bubble count just under 1 per second)
Timer with Solenoid and PH Controller connected
Auto Doser of dry mixed fert (macro/micro) 4 x 5ml over day 08:00/12:00/16:00/20:00
Juwel Filter is adapted to use Seachem Matrix on bottom then top filters upside down Coarse to fine, with upgrade to power head 1000lph into the juwel diffuser and lined up to meet the co2 bubbles.
Plants have some Algae from before, but front ones needed attention and lost some plant.

(looking for clips too for a tidy of the Co2 line and fert line which is at the top by the outlet diffuser.

I am not looking for a miracle just a better looking tank, which is well on the way and would welcome any tips etc and as a first post, towards a great community.

FISH TANK.jpg

Hi @Beaky I think there's a lot to answer here!
UKAPS is a great place to read through and hopefully a combination of you looking through and asking questions you will achieve your wish and learn along the way.
I am not looking for a miracle just a better looking tank
As a starting point, maybe the above sentence is more of a question for you to answer, in part at least.
What do you want from the aquarium?
Maybe you have some photos you found online you like the look of and you'd like to replicate, the link below is worth a look through to start.
https://tropica.com/en/inspiration/

If your answer is simply sticking with what you have and nothing more then maybe add a few more photos to start, I'm unable to make everything out clearly but can see you have an algae problem which people with more knowledge than me will I'm sure help you out.
Balancing fertilisers, water changes, lighting, CO2, flow, maintenance etc is all part of your objective regardless.

Good luck :)

Back