• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 flow meter???

Filip Krupa

Hey All,

I need a better way of controlling my co2 flow.
Bubbles per second doesnt cut it when youve a 2000L aquarium and injecting a 10L co2 tank in 2 weeks.

The tank is doing well at the moment, but if I was to accidentally turn my needle valve, it would be a nightmare to adjust it back to where it was.

I did some rough calculations and found that I inject aprox 0.6 lpm of co2.

Is there a suitable co2 flow meter with a range of 0.1 - 1 lpm?
I found some for oxygen, but fittings were unsuitable and not rated for the pressures we are working with.

Any ideas???

Fil

but if I was to accidentally turn my needle valve

easily done if they dont lock :arghh:

I control my injection rate via the duel stage Reg. With my twin injected/solenoids I have one set to fully opened and the other set somewhere between full and off, the needle values are locked and I just adjust the working pressure. I have recently done this and it worked a treat increasing my target pH ( so decreasing [CO2] ) and working main pH lowering also. pH still stable being slightly higher just took a bit longer to get to target pH OFC

BD48F53F-5C57-4558-A6DA-1D82EAC36651.jpeg
Yes, I like gadgets too. I bought this to hook up to the last canister filter I had but never got round to using it. Bought from China on the auction site for not much money.

You can get electronic ones now too of course.

https://www.gardena.com/uk/products/watering/hose-fittings/water-smart-flow-meter/966780901/

Last edited:
I did look at the gardena meters before I brought the controllable DC pumps that work from 1 to 100%.
So the idea became redundant.
The marine side of things do some great bits kit too.

Yes the Marine side as you put it do have some nice tech. Although I’m more interested in low tech I do rather like the look of the control and monitoring app available for the iPad.

Back