• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 for 35l tank, DD Complete CO2 set?

andyh

Hey Guys,

I have a 35l set up in my kitchen and i am looking for a pressurised Co2 system for my tank.

It needs to be small, hence why not considering FE route as it needs to stand behind the tank next to the external filter.
I have no were else to put it and for some reason the Misses wont let me drill a hole in the kitchen worktop! :lol:

Here is a pic showing current setup using basic tetra setup which i have problems controling the CO2 level with:
web.jpg

I have been looking at various systems and i am considering the DD Complete Co2 system, which can be found here:
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... cts_id=649

Has any one got any experience with this product? Are there any other good ones i should consider?
I am new to the pressurised systems, so speak in small non technical words!!!! :eek:

I've not got an personal experience with that exact system, but its much the same as all the other pressurized systems so should work fine. Being 35lt the cylinder should last a decent length of time as well.

I would look around for replacement cylinders, as there are some much cheaper option, for example welding disposable cylinders. Think eBay has them in packs of three quite cheap, or there are welding shops.

Would yeast not be an option on this tank?

Sam

Hydor and Dennerle do great little kits, Dennerle do the glassware to go with it too. If i get a chance i'll post my setup on here for you. I think it's less than £100 for the CO2 and glassware.

I've got a JBL Easy kit with disposable bottle and it's been great for me. You can use the high capacity welding bottles that hold 600g of CO2 too so they last longer.

Dan Crawford said:
Hydor and Dennerle do great little kits, Dennerle do the glassware to go with it too. If i get a chance i'll post my setup on here for you. I think it's less than £100 for the CO2 and glassware.

Please do if you get chance Dan, i was only looking at the Dennerle equipment at the weekend.

Ed Seeley said:
I've got a JBL Easy kit with disposable bottle and it's been great for me. You can use the high capacity welding bottles that hold 600g of CO2 too so they last longer.

Ed i will have a look into these.

Back